The MISSISSIPPI CENTER FOR LEGAL SERVICES, INC. (MCLSC) is seeking a
Director of Development
for its Jackson branch office.
Mississippi Center for Legal Services Corporation (MCSLC) seeks to hire a fundraiser development professional to lead the program’s annual fund campaign and other fund development efforts. MCLSC is a nonprofit law firm that provides free civil legal assistance to low-income persons living in its 43 county service area in the Central and Southern portion of the State.
- To work in conjunction with MCLSC’s Board of Directors, designated staff, and committee members to raise funds through an annual giving campaign.
- To research and identify sources of foundation and corporate support, and to prepare grant proposals for submission to funders consistent with MCLSC’s mission and priorities.
- To develop, implement, and maintain a media and marketing plan to educate and inform the public and potential donors of MCLSC’s critical work.
- To establish, maintain, and oversee a work plan to meet benchmarks and timelines.
- To develop and cultivate networks and partnerships to enhance giving capacity.
- 5+ years of managing projects with established timelines
- 5+ years of successful fundraising
- 5+ years of successful media and marketing campaign
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Able to successfully manage multiple tasks
- Computer literate with experience using fundraising software
- Working knowledge of state’s philanthropic sectors
- Experience in strategic planning of long term and short term goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with media and marketing campaigns and some familiarity with public relations
- Ability to motivate others including volunteers, prospective donors, staff, and Board
SALARY AND FRINGE BENEFITS:
- Up to a dollar amount, commensurate with experience
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- May be full time, part-time, or contractual.
APPLICATION: Send resume and three (3) letters of reference to:
Mississippi Center for Legal Services Corporation
Attention: Lindia P. Robinson, Esq.
P.O. Box 951
Jackson, MS 39205-0951
Or e-mail resume to: LindiaR@mslegalservices.org
MCLSC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER