NORTH MISSISSIPPI RURAL LEGAL SERVICES (NMRLS) is seeking a
Foreclosure Prevention Project (FPP) Project Manager
for its Greenville branch office.
TITLE: Foreclosure Prevention Project (FPP) Project Manager
The FPP project supervising attorney is responsible for the supervision of staff and the provision of a full range of comprehensive foreclosure prevention legal assistance as a practicing attorney, licensed in Mississippi, in accordance with program guidelines, priorities, case handler standards & the Mississippi Rules of Professional Conduct.
DUTIES: Responsible for all phases of the following:
- Review work and conduct job performance evaluations once a year for all personnel for which the attorney has supervisory responsibilities;
- Assist supervised personnel in professional development; and
- Review supervised employees' casework and caseload.
- Maintain an active caseload consistent with the duties of NMRLS staff attorneys;
- Co-counsel with NMRLS attorneys on major law cases as appropriate; and
- Keep apprised of changes in the law and other issues that may affect NMRLS's client population, and advise the Advocacy Director and other staff of such issues.
- Conduct or participate in training, public speaking forums, State Bar legal education forums and other public functions on a regular basis;
- Serve as administrator of office policies and procedures;
- Represent the program at meetings and other external functions as may be required.
- Advise and assist the Management Team in the implementation of all NMRLS policies and procedures.
Must hold a JD degree and be licensed in the State of Mississippi at the time of hiring, or become licensed within six months of becoming employed by NMRLS Four (4) or more years’ experience at NMRLS or in legal services. Demonstrated sensitivity to the legal problems of low-income persons. Strong writing, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills are required as well as good judgment. Ability to train and supervise staff. Such other experience, qualifications and skills as are deemed appropriate.
SUPERVISOR: Advocacy Director
Salary depending on experience; excellent fringe benefits.
Open until filled.
Send resume, writing sample, and three (3) letters of reference to:
Gloria Bogan, Administrative Assistant
North Mississippi Rural Legal Services
P. O. Box 767
Oxford, MS 38655
(662) 234-8431, Ext 2110
Or e-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org