NORTH MISSISSIPPI RURAL LEGAL SERVICES (NMRLS) is seeking a
Foreclosure Prevention Project (FPP) Support Staff
for its Greenville branch office.
TITLE: FORECLOSURE PREVENTION PROJECT (FPP) SUPPORT STAFF
The FPP Support Staff person works under the supervision of the FPP Project Manager. Greets visitors to the office and provides information and instruction. Composes and types letters and memos and various documents, schedules client intakes, organizes data and prepares reports describing the status of operational programs, maintains records of correspondence, receipts, or other material, and performs other duties as assigned.
- PERFORMS ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARIAL DUTIES: Organizes the integration of law work produced by ATTORNEYS into work flow of the branch office; notifies individuals or departments of meetings, scheduled dates, specific duties, or occurrences; coordinates the scheduling of meetings, facilities or events with other individuals or groups; investigates the source of discrepancies in records or documents and searches for information or documents through coordination with others outside the department.
- TYPES WRITTEN MATERIAL; composes and types routine correspondence following existing form letters or standard operating procedures; composes and types letters, memos and documents that require ATTORNEY signatures; types drafts of legal documents or records; types documents or letters from dictation.
- ANALYZES, INTERPRETS AND REPORTS BUSINESS DATA: Prepares monthly and quarterly reports on case opening and closing based on recorded information following standard procedures; prepares reports requiring the investigation of various sources of information and systemic organization and presentation; prepares summaries of programs, reports, specific operational items, or other data.
- FILES AND RETRIEVES MATERIALS: Reviews and updates file contents to reflect current status of subjects; places forms, records, correspondence or other material in the correct location in a systematic file; searches files, records or other sources for desired or missing information on specific subjects; locates and retrieves files or stored materials.
- GATHERING INFORMATION: Conducts client interviews to clarify issues and research requirements; obtains information, facts, evidence and materials that are important or relevant to the case or project; formulates questions to elicit required information; requests and integrates information from sources within and outside the NMRLS agency; clarifies ambiguous information and resolves or seeks assistance in resolving issues of fact; investigates client claims; assists clients with the acquisition of documents and forms; acts as general litigation assistant during court proceedings.
- LEGAL WRITING: Drafts pleadings, briefs, and answers to complaints under the supervision of the FPP Project Manager; reviews complaint and/or case transcript and exhibits; prepares report using specific format summarizing case issues, position of the parties, facts of the case etc.; presents written and/or verbal legal arguments to support client’s position or to counter arguments of opposing party; assists ATTORNEYS during court proceedings.
- PERFORMS OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
JOB SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- SKILL IN PROCESSING WRITTEN MATERIAL: Skill in typing and proofing copy; knowledge of formats for various documents.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to organize and convey information in a concise fashion without loss of necessary detail.
- CLIENT AND PUBLIC RELATIONS SKILLS: Ability to maintain or project a positive image in face to face and telephone conversations and tactfully respond to client or employee questions, suggestions or complaints.
- RESEARCH AND EVALUATION SKILLS: Knowledge of procedures used to locate and obtain lost or missing forms or information and trace sources of errors.
- ARITHMETIC SKILLS: Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations and to detect arithmetic errors.
High School graduate or equivalent and type at least 45 correct words per minute. Three years of practical work experience as a senior assistant or two years experience as a legal assistant.
SUPERVISOR: FPP Project Manager
Salary depending on experience; excellent fringe benefits.
Open until filled.
Send resume, writing sample, and three (3) letters of reference to:
Angela Greene-Mayfield, FPP Project Manager
North Mississippi Rural Legal Services
P. O. Box 858
Greenville, MS 38701
(662) 335-8203, Ext 2453
Or e-mail resume to: email@example.com