The MISSISSIPPI CENTER FOR LEGAL SERVICES, INC. (MCLSC) is seeking a
TICC Unit Secretary
for its Jackson branch office.
TICC UNIT SECRETARY
(Telephone Intake Call Center)
Under direct supervision of the TICC Unit Managing Attorney, the TICC Secretary, a nonexempt employee, provides secretarial service to TICC; and performs other related tasks as are mandated by his/her supervisory staff.
1. Maintain a filing system for classifying and retrieving correspondence, referrals and other documents for the TICC.
2. Maintain call back and screening procedures for messages left for the TICC.
3. Complete Intake procedures for potential clients.
4. Provide support and/or secretarial services to TICC.
5. Maintains close working relationship with all members of the staff and client community.
6. Thoroughly understand MCLSC personnel, administrative and client intake procedures.
7. Although assigned to specific attorneys, secretaries will help each other as workload allows or demands. This may be done by mutual agreement between secretaries or by the TICC Unit Managing Attorney.
8. Operations of office machines, as required.
9. Makes constant effort toward increasing job skills and knowledge.
10.Routes phone calls and visitors to intake office on first contact or to proper staff members as appropriate.
11.Treats telephone callers and visitors to the office with respect, sympathy, and courtesy.
12.All other duties as assigned by the TICC Unit Managing Attorney, Executive Director of Administration, Deputy Director, or the Executive Director of State Initiatives.
1. Satisfactory completion of a typing skills test at minimum speed of 60 wpm.
2. Ability to type from tape recordings.
3. Having or pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university with a major in office administration, secretarial science, or a related field; or the equivalence of two (2) secretarial courses which include an office administration class; and at least one (1) year practical secretarial experience.
4. Knowledgeable of business, English, spelling, composition and punctuation.
5. Knowledgeable of modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and clients.
7. Ability to understand and follow moderately complex and written instructions.
8. High level of competence and accuracy, with a minimum of supervision.
9. Must demonstrate competency in learning those secretarial skills necessary to perform effectively as a legal secretary for MCLSC.
Salary depending on experience; excellent fringe benefits.
Open until filled.
Send employment application and three (3) letters of reference to:
Mississippi Center For Legal Services
P.O. Box 951
Jackson, MS 39205-0951
601-948-6752 Ext. 2921
or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MCLSC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER