The MISSISSIPPI CENTER FOR LEGAL SERVICES CORPORATION (MCLSC) is seeking a
Staff Attorney - Parent Defender Representation
for its Hattiesburg branch office.
Mississippi Center for Legal Services is seeking a Staff Attorney for its Hattiesburg office to provide legal assistance primarily to parents needing representation and other assistance in the Youth Courts of Marion, Lamar, Forrest and Perry Counties, Mississippi.
Qualifications and Responsibilities include, but are not necessarily
limited to the following:
· Must be licensed to practice law in the state of Mississippi
· At least three years of law practice experience
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Excellent organizational, networking, and relationship-building
· Demonstrated ability to work in collaboration across
organizational boundaries to achieve agreed upon goals
· Commitment to the mission of Mississippi Center for Legal
· Experience in Youth Court law, procedures, and proceedings
Provide legal representation and assistance to clients in the Youth Court
matters and proceedings in the aforementioned Counties, including but not necessarily limited to:
· Negotiation and litigation with various divisions and levels of
· Civil and appellate litigation in state and federal courts
· Alternate dispute resolution
· Seek and maintain a productive working relationship with the
Department of Human Services and other State and Youth Court officials
· Representation of parent(s) with neglect, abuse, supervision, and
other child welfare issues in the various Youth Courts
· Perform other related tasks as mandated by the Managing
Attorney, or Executive Director.
$50,000; excellent fringe benefits.
Open until filled.
Send resume, writing sample, and three (3) letters of reference to:
Sam H. Buchanan, Jr., Executive Director
Mississippi Center for Legal Services Corporation
P. O. Drawer 1728
Hattiesburg, MS 39403
(601) 545-2950, ext. 2616
Or e-mail to: email@example.com
MCLSC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER