The MISSISSIPPI CENTER FOR LEGAL SERVICES CORPORATION (MCLSC) is seeking Temporary Full-time
for its Hattiesburg and Jackson branch offices.
Responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to the provision of a full range of
comprehensive legal assistance to eligible clients and client groups (hereinafter referred to
collectively as “clients”) as a practicing attorney, licensed in Mississippi, in accordance with
program guidelines, priorities, case handler standards & the Mississippi Rules of Professional Conduct.
DUTIES: Responsible for all phases of the following:
A. Client Advocacy
1. Maintain an active caseload consistent with the duties of MCLSC staff attorneys;
2. Keep apprised of changes in the law and other issues that may affect MCLSC's client
population, and advise the Managing Attorney and other staff of such issues.
1. Conduct or participate in training, public speaking forums, State Bar legal education
forums and other public functions on a regular basis;
2. Comply with office policies and procedures;
3. Represent the program at meetings and other external functions as may be required.
Must hold a JD degree and be licensed in the State of Mississippi at the time of hiring. Demonstrated sensitivity to the legal problems of low-income persons. Strong writing, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills are required as well as good judgment. Such other experience, qualifications and skills as are deemed appropriate.
Depending on Experience; Excellent fringe benefits
Please submit Resume, Writing Sample, and Three (3) Letters of Recommendation to:
Sam H. Buchanan, Jr., Executive Director
Mississippi Center for Legal Services Corporation
P. O. Drawer 1728
Hattiesburg, MS 39403
(601) 545-2950, ext. 2616
Or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MCLSC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER