NORTH MISSISSIPPI RURAL LEGAL SERVICES (NMRLS) is seeking a
Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) Staff Attorney
for its West Point branch office.
Victims of Crimes Act (VOCA) Staff Attorney
The VOCA Staff Attorney is responsible for the provision of a full range of comprehensive legal assistance to eligible clients and client groups (hereinafter referred to collectively as “clients”) as a practicing attorney, licensed in Mississippi, in accordance with program guidelines, priorities, case handler standards & the Mississippi Rules of Professional Conduct.
Duties: Responsible for all phases of the following:
A. Client Advocacy
- Maintain an active caseload consistent with the duties of NMRLS staff attorneys;
- Keep apprised of changes in the law and other issues that may affect NMRLS client population, and advise the Managing Attorney and other staff of such issues.
- Conduct or participate in training, public speaking forums, State Bar legal education forums and other public functions on a regular basis;
- Comply with office policies and procedures;
- Represent the program at meetings and other external functions as may be required.
Must hold a JD degree and be licensed in the State of Mississippi at the time of hiring. Demonstrated sensitivity to the legal problems of low-income persons. Strong writing, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills are required as well as good judgment. Such other experience, qualifications and skills as are deemed appropriate.
VOCA Project Director
West Point Managing Attorney
Salary depending on experience; excellent fringe benefits.
Open until filled.
Send resume, writing sample, and three (3) letters of reference to:
Ben Thomas Cole, II, Executive Director
North Mississippi Rural Legal Services
P. O. Box 767
Oxford, MS 28655
(662) 234-8731, Ext. 2108
Or e-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NMRLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER